You should be able to get all the vitamin C you need by eating a varied and balanced diet. If you take vitamin C supplements, do not take too much as this could be harmful. Taking less than 1,000mg of vitamin C supplements a day is unlikely to cause any harm.
Here are 9 tips to strengthen your immunity naturally.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep and immunity are closely tied.
- Eat more whole plant foods.
- Eat more healthy fats.
- Eat more fermented foods or take a probiotic supplement.
- Limit added sugars.
- Engage in moderate exercise.
- Stay hydrated.
- Manage your stress levels.
Vitamins B6, C and E are all known for their immune-boosting properties. You can get all of these vitamins from a well-balanced diet, so you don't need supplements. Some foods rich in these vitamins include eggs, bell peppers, spinach and almonds.
Bottom line: Consumption of 1,000mg of vitamin C supplementation is safe. How About Vitamin C from Food? Although the experts differ on the exact amount, it falls in the range of 70mg to 100mg. “Recommended dietary allowance is 90mg for males and 75mg for females,” Yeoh says.Aug 18, 2017
Summary of the Top 10 best-selling immunity boosters in India
|S No.||Product Name||Price (in INR)|
|1||Herbalvilla Immunity Booster for Adults||Rs.349|
|2||Naturyz Immuno Support Triple Action Immunity Booster||Rs.599|
|3||Fast And Up Charge Plus - Natural Immunity Booster||359|
|4||Dabur Giloy Tablet- Immunity Booster||Rs 164|
5 Ayurvedic remedies for improving immunity
- Start the day with Tulsi, Pippali (fruit of long pepper) and ginger tea to strengthen and cleanse the upper respiratory tract.
- Use turmeric and black pepper in the meals daily, to boost immunity and reduce ama (toxins).
Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale and broccoli.Jan 2, 2020