Animal products, especially dairy, chicken and fish, contain high amounts of estrogen. People who eat meat regularly are exposed to high levels of these natural sex steroids.
The estrogenic plant compounds are widespread in food, including herbs and seasonings (garlic, parsley), grains (soybeans, wheat, rice), vegetables (beans, carrots, potatoes), fruits (date, pomegranates, cherries, apples), and drinks (coffee). The two most studied phytoestrogen groups are lignans and isoflavones.
Due to its strength and rejuvenating properties, Shatavari can gain weight. Moreover, it helps the body fight outside infections that may cause weight loss. Health experts highly recommend Shatavari powder or Shatavari Churna for weight gain as it helps increase female libido.Mar 6, 2021
It may act as a diuretic Prescription diuretics may cause serious side effects. According to a 2010 study on rats, shatavari is used as a diuretic in ayurveda. The study found that 3,200 milligrams of shatavari had diuretic activity without causing acute side effects.Oct 10, 2017
Symptoms of hormonal imbalances in women include:
- heavy, irregular, or painful periods.
- osteoporosis (weak, brittle bones)
- hot flashes and night sweats.
- vaginal dryness.
- breast tenderness.
- constipation and diarrhea.
- acne during or just before menstruation.
Eating foods that are naturally rich in certain nutrients and taking supplements can help boost your progesterone levels and balance the hormonal disturbances caused by taking the contraceptive pill. Vitamins and nutrients that are associated with boosting progesterone levels include: Vitamin C.
Other ways to naturally increase natural progesterone
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Excess weight causes a woman's body to produce more estrogen.
- Reduce stress. Stress triggers the production of stress hormones and can cause the kidneys to convert hormones like progesterone to cortisol.
- Refrain from overexercising.
Hormonal imbalance in your body can manifest itself in the form of various health problems. For natural relief from hormone-related symptoms, try adding these poses to your practice.
- Bhujangasana or cobra pose.
- Setubandhasana or bridge pose.
- Malasana or garland Pose.
- Sasangasana or rabbit pose.
- Ustrasana or camel pose.
Hormone replacement therapy Treatment can come in many forms, and your OBGYN will help you choose what's best. Vaginal rings, estrogen creams, vaginal estrogen tablets, and estrogen patches and pills are all possible forms of estrogen therapy treatment for vaginal atrophy and low estrogen.
10 Estrogen Boosting Foods
- 10 Estrogen building foods:
- Tofu. Tofu is produced from soy milk which is naturally high in phytoestrogens, specifically isoflavones.
- Flax Seeds. Flaxseeds, otherwise known as linseeds, contain lignans which are a type of phytoestrogen.
- Sesame Seeds.
- Dried Fruit.