Examples of digestion and breathing are used to demonstrate the presence, the capabilities, and the functioning of the Vital Force. These examples demonstrate the Vital Force’s place in the hierarchy of influences that determine both our health and our life experience.
6 PRINCIPLES OF NATUROPATHY YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
- Do no harm. This sentence suggests that naturopathic doctors select treatments that are gentle and non-invasive.
- The healing power of nature.
- Identify and treat the cause.
- Doctor as Teacher.
- Treat the whole person.
- Disease prevention.
Below, you'll find some of the most common methods:
- Get enough sleep. Being tired is a hallmark sign of a qi deficiency.
- Work on your breathing. One way to improve a qi deficiency is through purposeful breathing.
- Try tai chi or qi gong.
- Give acupuncture a go.
- Balance your diet.
- Take care of your mental health.
When the five eternal substances – space, air, fire, water and earth combine to form the human body, they do so by creating three vital energies, or doshas. These are the forces that govern all psycho-physiological functions in the body and mind respectively.